Nicomen Indian Band is currently having meetings on a monthly basis regarding their Housing Committee.
We plan on having a formal Housing Committee established by June/July of 2015 with room to add in members at a later date.
Housing Committee Mandate
- Administer the Nicomen Indian Band Housing Policy
- Make recommendations to Chief & Council for amendments
- In conjunction with Nicomen Indian Band staff, manage future band owned housing
- In conjunction with Nicomen Indian Band staff submit applications for RRAP to existing homes
- Assist with managing the Bank of Montreal On-Reserve Housing Program for Nicomen Indian Band member’s on-reserve.
- Educate band members on new initiatives, maintenance tips
BMO Housing Program
- New construction require 5% down payment
- Renovation loans are allowed
- Committee assists with compliance issues for program
- Committee assists with insurance requirements and compliance
Housing Draft Policy